*

Yes, soup for you...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I've been in a soupy mood. It's been chilly (now COLD) and with my current fibro flare, cooking is down at the bottom of my priority list. Late last week I threw together a "Thanksgiving Use Up the Leftovers" soup in my slow cooker, with lentils, turkey, and sweet potatoes and served it over leftover stuffing. Winner!

Hubby made me his delicious potato soup on Sunday.

Today was lentils and ham (leftover ham).

I could grow to like this. To be fair, when I feel like this, the options are pretty much anything I can toss in the slow cooker, or one of the frozen pizzas I now keep on hand for just such a circumstance. Or take out, which I'm pretty much burned out on.

I've taken up crochet again and made myself some spiffy fingerless gloves in a couple of colors, as well as another beret and a scarf. Keeping warm, for me, even though yes I live here in Florida, is a priority. I can easily get cold in air conditioning in the summer and my fingers and toes turn into blocks of ice, so cold weather like we're having now (we had frost last night) is a killer for me.

So I'm sitting here with a full tummy, just finished off the last of the pumpkin pie, watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," and watching hubby starting to put lights on our Christmas tree.

I'm just hoping our Christmas tree decorating goes a little more smoothly than the Griswolds'.

2 reader comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hi. This may be crazy, but a friend of mine was diagnosed with the same condition as you, she also found out through her research and an awesome doctor that she had Celiac's disease as well. You might want to consider asking your doctor to look into it. Getting rid of the gluten in her diet has helped her a lot. She lived with this for a long time, before she found such an awesome doctor. Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes.

  1. Hi Sheri, thanks for the advice. We looked into that and it's not the issue, but thank you. :)