*

Dear Facebook...

Friday, September 23, 2011
Dear Facebook,

Once upon a time, I was a member of MySpace. It was nice, I liked it, but it got too gimmicky. Too many bells and whistles, too much A/V content. I just wanted an easy way to connect with people, in a simple interface, with no extra bells and whistles. That's why I liked Facebook.

Now, it's like you're trying to become like MySpace (and considering that site now sucks, I'm not sure that's a good idea...), and you're using Twitter-like crap on my feed page that I DO. NOT. LIKE. (I have a Twitter account. If I want to use Twitter, I use Twitter.)

Fortunately for me, Google+ seems more interested in the user as the customer and keeping us happy so we stay there and USE IT. Yes, I know they feed me ads, which is how they make money, but they seem to give a crap about my user experience.

So guess what my priority will be from now on? Yes, Google+. Oh, I'll still keep and use my Facebook account. I still have a MySpace account. But I don't actually use it anymore. And I'm sure as more of my friends and family migrate over to Google+, my usage of Facebook will decrease until you're as obsolete as MySpace.

Thanks a lot, and have a nice day.

2 reader comments:

  1. SusieJ said...:

    Well said Tymber!
    Why they insist on changing something that worked perfectly well I don't know.
    I'll be joining you on Google+
    Hugs xx

  1. Luna said...:

    i am a big fan
    of your book i was intruduce my this type of menage books by maya banks and you two are my favorite
    when are you going to finsh the triple trouble series im dien to finish it
    thankg you
    your fan
    cbb