*

RWA strikes again. GLBT writers need not apply.

Saturday, February 4, 2012
No, this isn't a dumbass move by the main RWA, it's by one of their chapters, who are closing a contest to GLBT stories. A contest previously open to GLBT stories.

That any national organization would not sanction one of their chapters for this kind of discrimination just goes to show how archaic and cliquish they are. (This is the same organization that for years refused to admit e-pubbed authors the same recognition of print autohrs.)

http://heidicullinan.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/rwa-shouldnt-be-in-the-business-of-discrimination/

This is the same sort of bullshit that caused me to not renew my membership several years ago. All I got for my money was a glossy magazine once a month and excuses why my indie pubbed writing wasn't as good as "traditionally" published writers.

Vote with your feet and your dollars. Boycott RWA.

0 reader comments: