*

What scares you?

Saturday, October 6, 2012
So I shared this pic on my Facebook wall earlier this week and it got me to thinking. I mean, this really is a fear I have, one that creeps me out. I'm not a fan of the dark. Yes, I was the goofy-ass kid that always slept with a nightlight, and to this day, when it gets dark, the windows/blinds get drawn.

To me there would be few things more frightening than to look out a window at night and see a glowing pair of eyes staring back at me. Near or far away. It would just spook the everlovin' crap out of me.

What scares you? And I'm not talking the legitimate fears we all have about losing loved ones or a job. Not even phobias like spiders (blech!). I'm talking those things that you might not even want to admit because you're worried you might be the only weirdo scared of them. Remember when you were a kid and sitting around a campfire (or wherever) and someone broke out the old chestnut about the escaped maniac leaving his hook on the couple's car door while they were making out?

THAT'S what I'm talking about. Share your creepy-crawly-inducing fears with the rest of us. Who knows? You might not be alone.

4 reader comments:

  1. I'm one of those people who is slightly claustrophobic, so I do the opposite then it gets dark and I go to bed. I must have the window open a tiny bit so I can outdoor sounds, and the shade up just far enough that I can peek out and see some sky.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    OMG Tymber, just reading your post put fear into me. As a kid I was absolutely fine, had no problems and scared of nothing. Moved to the UK, became a Mom and now everything puts the fear of God into me, i.e., hubby cannot travel or go out for the evening and I will stay up all night thinking all the outside sounds is someone trying to get into the house. No tree branch is allowed to grow within a metre of any windows on my property. Our neighbour must wonder why I am forever cutting back the branches of his tree that grows over my wall. I fear that it is an easy route for someone to enter the house when we are sleeping. I think my fears have gone over to my daughter as she will not go to sleep unless all windows in the house are closed/locked - we have to open them again when she is sleeping so we can get fresh air in the house. However, before I go to bed I have to check the house twice and ask my hubby if he has checked all the doors are locked before I go to sleep.

    So on this note it is 11pm UK time and I am off to check the windows and doors and then go to sleep. Sleep tight all :D Regards Lise

  1. CaroleDee said...:

    Seriously? Don't laugh but I'm deathly afraid of people in full out costumes. Donald Duck, Goofy, and Mickey at Disneyland? I won't go anywhere near them.

    The fear is a throwback to some creeper that followed me and my friend around, one Halloween, while he was dressed in a full wolf man costume.

    Needless to say you will never find me at a furry convention. I shudder at the thought. :/

  1. @Kathleen C - That makes sense. I just can't do it. LOL

    @Lise - LOL Hope you got some sleep! :)

    @CaroleDees - I can understand why, based on your experience.