*

Snippet Saturday: "Contractual Obligation"

Saturday, March 30, 2013
I've decided to offer little snippets from my books on Saturdays. I hope you like them. Enjoy! :)

From Contractual Obligation. Setup: Harper and her father are talking about Harper's new hire, Doug. Her father doesn't realize she's hired Doug as a way to get her father off her back about her private life.

--

“So, what do you think of your new guy?”

“He’s nice. I think he’ll work out well.”

“He’s young.”

“I prefer someone young. I’m hoping he’ll want to stay with the company for his entire career so I don’t have to replace him.”

“Nice-looking young man.”

Aaand there it is. She gave him credit, it took him several hours, a long drive, and dinner together before he broached the subject. “He’s my employee, Daddy. Don’t even go there with the matchmaking.”

He held up a hand in surrender. “Of course. My apologies.” He took a sip of his drink. “Besides, knowing how stubborn you are, if I like him you’d refuse to date him just to spite me.”

“Would you like me to pay him to sleep with me?”

“Whoa!” As she’d hoped, that kicked him back into reality. He might want her to settle down, but she knew in the back of his mind he hoped she’d do it immaculately, like the Virgin Mary. “Okay, I surrender. You win.” He shook his head. “You play hardball, honey.”

She smiled. “I learned from the best.”

--


http://www.bookstrand.com/contractual-obligation

Blurb:

[Ménage Amour: Erotic Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/F, with M/M, light BDSM, spanking, sex toys]

Harper’s father has issued her an ultimatum—quit working herself to death and have fun, or he’ll oust her as CEO of their company. She thinks hiring Doug to be her assistant and play her boyfriend is the answer to all her problems, until she finds out about his secret.

Deep in debt from medical bills, Doug’s parents are losing their home. Going to work for Harper is the answer to Doug’s prayers. Yes, it means pretending to be Harper’s boyfriend. That’s a small price to pay. Unfortunately, it also means he has to say good-bye to Tate, his boyfriend and the man he loves.

Tate doesn’t hate Harper when he finds out why Doug went to work for her—and broke up with him. Can he gain Harper’s trust and convince her Doug had good intentions…and that Doug’s contractual obligation can easily become a two-hunk deal?

A Siren Erotic Romance

0 reader comments: