*

Performance Anxiety

Monday, September 15, 2008
So the good news is that "Love and Brimstone" is getting great reviews. The bad news is I'm ripping my hair out now over the sequel. Not because the story isn't coming together, because it is. Frankly, I think it's a good book.

But...

Now I sit and look at it and think, is it good enough? Is it as good as the first one? I need to tweak this and rewrite that and reword that paragraph...

I'm finding it hard to let go.

I'm supposing other writers probably have this performance anxiety, and I'm wondering if it's going to hit me like this as I get into the sequels for the "Good Will Ghost Hunting" series too. Because I want my readers to like this book as much as they've liked the first one. I want them to say, "Oh!" and not, "oh."

I can keep procrastinating if I want, but that doesn't get it published now, does it? *LOL* Eventually I'll have to hand it over to my publisher and keep my fingers crossed.

0 reader comments: