*

WIP Wednesday: Triple Trouble 6

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Today's WIP Wednesday snippet comes from Triple Trouble 6, which I still haven't officially named yet (and no, no release date, because it hasn't been submitted yet). The setup is that Lina is talking to Baba Yaga and asking for her help.

“What are you asking of me, Lina?”

She desperately didn’t want to cry, but the tears flowed anyway. “Please,” she whispered, “help me. Help us. Help me get him back safely.”

Baba Yaga walked over and leaned against the counter. “Firstly, I want to commend you on your approach. I am not trying to sound sarcastic or condescending. I am very proud of you. I know you don’t think it of me, but the most powerful must never lose their sense of humility.”

It felt like an invisible stopwatch was ticking in the back of her brain. “Thank you, but please, that isn’t helpful.”

“I’m guessing you already tried talking with Ryan Ausar and he declined to help?”

She shook her head. “We keep getting his voice mail.” A harsh laugh escaped her. “The Devil has voice mail. Imagine that.”

Baba Yaga smiled. “I would think some would say that is a level of Hell. Albeit a milder one.”

--

Book five in the Triple Trouble series, Out of Smoke and Ashes, will be released by Siren-BookStrand on May 24th.

0 reader comments: