*

Getting my Longmire fix *sigh!*.

Sunday, June 9, 2013
I.

Love.

Longmire.

*sigh*

Season two is back (A&E) and as good as ever. I'm slowly working my way through Craig Johnson's book series that the TV show is based on and just finished books 5 and 6.

I also got my mom hooked to the books, and now she loves the TV show. (You're welcome, Mom.)

If you haven't read any of the books yet, I consider Craig Johnson right up there with James Lee Burke in terms of fantastic, lyrical writing. It doesn't hurt that I love that part of the country, and he captures the spirit of it perfectly. The characters are individual and quirky, the writing is strong (and sometimes hysterically funny), and the stories are page-turners.

If you've never read any of the books, do yourself a favor and check them out. You won't be disappointed.

1 reader comments:

  1. Chris said...:

    Longmire is filmed in my state I will let you know when a casting call goes out for extras and you can be on it.